Wednesday, March 12, 2014

More mermaids!

When Tyger was younger one of her favourite books was called More Bears! The tale recounts the efforts of a poor author who is attempting to write a story, but is continually interrupted by a voice from just over the page demanding that the story contain "More bears!" So the author is obliged to quiet the maddening, demanding voice the only way he knows how - by adding more bears to a story that initially he was determined would have no bears at all. Poor old chap.

As you can imagine, Tyger LOVED this story. Especially since I would have do raspy bear-requesting voices plus an increasingly disgruntled author voice. She's pretty big on funny voices, which is quite a relief, as I am pretty big on doing them, and can see myself not growing out of that habit any time soon.

Anyway - to the point of this blog post. As I have measured and cut and stitched and sewn and stuffed this week, and watched a growing pile of softies form on our sad cracked vinyl couch, one little sentence has kept popping in to my head these last few days.

"MORE MERMAIDS!"

Mermaids

The darn school fete sure better appreciate these, that's all I can say!

12 comments:

  1. Adorable! What a fun (as an observer!) project :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous and some little girls coming to your school fete are going to beg their parents for one of these. Reminds me of the days when I made cuddly dinosaurs for the Camp Hill School fete in Brisbane in the early 90's. Well worth the effort because your Miss Tyger will be so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous and some little girls coming to your school fete are going to beg their parents for one of these. Reminds me of the days when I made cuddly dinosaurs for the Camp Hill School fete in Brisbane in the early 90's. Well worth the effort because your Miss Tyger will be so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful. I hope they sell like hot cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fantastic! Bet they swim off the table :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Make sure you price them well as these are g-or-g-e-o-u-s! Remember supply and demand!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet! Must be a great way to use up scraps too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! or, them - I mean. I'm sure the fete will too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look gorgeous, hope they sell well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hey they're the hit of the fete :) so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Saw this on Burda Style but didn't see a tute for it - is there one? Would love a pattern to make these! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.