Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Mermaid

It's that time of year again. The time that sends a shudder down any crafter's spine. That's right - it's time for the school fete. Yikes! And since softies always sell like hot cakes (much to the chagrin of the people of the cake stall), it was time to arm myself with some drafting paper, some felt and enough stuffing to fill an elephant. Or a mermaid, in this case.

Considering it took only 2 hours from idea on paper to actual mermaid toy, I'm pretty darn pleased with her. Yes, the arms could be lengthened, and she is a bit on the slim side but it could have been worse - I could have given her a beer belly. That's what usually happens with my softies!

Mermaid

I'm well pleased with her. In fact, I think it all went swimmingly. HAR! That's right, folks, I'll be here all week. Hold the rotten tomatoes, please!

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:24 pm

    I love this and all your humor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's beautiful. How will you and Tyger bear to part with her?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mermaid looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute. If only all projects were that quick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super cute and two hours to boot! Well played (especially the puns!)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.