Thursday, March 20, 2014

Mad Men Musings...

Mad Men Musings

Hold on to your hats, people - I have a big Thursday night planned! That's right, I'll be at my kitchen table, thinking cap firmly on the old scone, trying to figure out which one of these I can make out of 2 metres of fabric for Julia Bobbin's Mad Men Challenge.

I *really* want to make something out of the pink roses fabric in the background - it's so Betty, n'est-ce pas? - but if worst comes to worst then I'll just have to switch my allegiance to Joan and make a va-va-voom number out of 3 metres of red fabric that I have hiding in my stash instead.

Who else is Mad Men-ing? I'd better get my sew on - it's due by the end of the month. Yikes!

8 comments:

  1. Ooh gorgeous fabric, and patterns - very Betty! I'd love to have taken part in one of the Mad Men challenges but I've never had the time - I do enjoy seeing everyone else's though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man I wish I could make something for MMC, but I am running out of time, have no inspiration and in a non-creative mood thanks to the idiot ex breaking up with me. URGHHHHHH.
    Cant wait to see what you make though, those patterns are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Argh I have the exact same fabric. I was planning a georgia but I love your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous choices!! I'm going the late 60's route & am really hoping there's a 2015 MM4 version for a true 50's homage!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I opted in, but keep putting it off. I'm going to have to do it soon though as I just realized the due date. I rather like the Vogue 4267...the long red one...but I'm not sure how an allover floral would look. Good luck choosing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, loving the rose print, all a bit young for an old girl like me, but can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Vogue 4267 View B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like an awesome challenge, I am sorry I missed seeing or reading about it because there is no way I am going to achieve anything by the end of the month. Good luck. Use the pink, it's fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.