Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Better than pancakes


Waffles

Can you believe it? For once we didn't forget that it was Shrove Tuesday, and busted out the pancakes for breakfast. Yay us!

"Coughcough" interrupts Galumph.

Ok, ok. So we made waffles instead. Close enough, and totally within the celebratory Lenten boundaries. Seriously, no need to be picky!

"CoughcoughWHOmade'em?" interrupts Galumph (again).

Geez! Who are you, the blog honesty police? Alright already, so Galumph made the waffles. I didn't even think of doing them, as I was too busy doing my zombie walk into the shower. I am no good to anybody until I've had at least 3 minutes under the water to wake up in. Plus 2 cups of tea.

"CoughcoughWHOmakesthetea?" interrupts you know who.

Good grief man! Ok, you're my hero! Breakfast and life in general would be far more miserable without you around. Happy now?

Strange lack of coughing. But there is the sound of waffles being demolished. I'll take that as yes, he is happy now. Enjoy your Lent, peoples and remember, it's not too late to make some pancakes (or waffles, even!) for dinner tonight if you are as hopeless as I am in the mornings. Especially drenched in maple syrup and topped with sliced banana. Yummo!

2 comments:

  1. I love the fact that my husband (who is as irreligious as I am) always remembers when Pancake day comes around. I will never learn to make pancakes as well as he does, so I shan't try. Here's to our blokes! hooray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gotta get myself a waffle maker. They look incredible. I had some at a buffet on Saturday and I fell in love. I'll have to wait till next week as we abstain from dairy as well as meat.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.