Monday, February 13, 2012

No tears or rain around here!

The wee ditty currently running loops and loops around my head goes a little something like this:
Raindrops keep falling on my head
But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turning red
Crying's not for me, no
NOT WHEN I'VE JUST MADE A BLIMMING AWESOME DRESS!

Teardrop Dress #1

Teardrop Dress #2

Teardrop Dress #3

Teardrops or raindrops, it doesn't really matter which one it reminds me of - the Tyger loves it, and I've completed another successful stash bust. Woohoo!

Project Details
Pattern: Rosy Posy dress, pattern #26 from Ottobre Design Magazine 3/2011
Fabric: 1.5m quilting cotton, Raindrops by Umbrella Prints, purchased from GJ's Discount Fabrics
Notions: 30cm invisible zipper, 60cm ric rac, 50cm 8mm elastic

Lovely easy pattern to make. I particularly like the ric rac edging on the neckline. I was a little concerned that it might prove to be itchy, but the Tyger declares that it's just fine. I pressed it quite severely with my iron on the hightest steam setting to make it sit up nice and straight - it hasn't drooped yet, so that's a good sign.

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love the ric-rac at the neckline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just adorable. I also love the simple ric rak neckline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, total sweetness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beauty! love the ric rac, I need some too....

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fabric is lovely - as is the dress and the smile!

    Speaking of lovely - I noticed your dressmakers dummy has a lovely textured cover. Did it come with the dummy or did you sew it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya BeaJay,

    My dummy came with the cover - I think it's to cover up all her lumpy bits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sweet! Love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm thinking that dress is totes sizzlin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I a.d.o.r.e. this dress! And your child even more for wearing it. My little miss muffet isn't so keen on homemade.......

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely, lovely, lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think someone has been watching Mum model for camera ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Classic little girl dress with quirky fabric, let alone the rick-rack and beautiful model... all adds up to absolute gorgeousness!

    ReplyDelete
  14. so nice to see what becomes of our fabric! and such a sweet dress you have made x originally we actually did call this pattern teardrops!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is just adorable!! great print and super cute style, what a lucky girl!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.