Monday, February 27, 2012

Simple Stripes

Striped Sweater + Pattern

I was feeling a wee bit poorly yesterday (blasted sore throat!) so after cutting my husband's hair I was ordered onto the couch by him and told that under no circumstances was I to engage in anything more strenuous than knitting.

Fine by me! And a most successful afternoon of knitting it was too - I've begun a striped sweater for a new overseas nephew, and got all the front and half the back completed yesterday. Gave me a nice break from those darn dolls, too.

The pattern is called Striped Sweater, and it's from a Debbie Bliss book called The Ultimate Book of Baby Knits, which I managed to score at a discount book store in Collingwood for $15 - yeah! It's a brilliant book, seemingly filled with her best baby/toddler patterns. I still can't believe I paid so little for it. Find of the century! It always pays to stick your head into any bookshop you pass, I say - you never know what you may find!

Silly me, though, got so over excited about the book that I began showing it to all my pals that have just or are about to have babies. As a result, I have quite a few pages post-it-noted, with little remarks like green for boy and pink for girl, and blue please, but nothing too light.

So if anybody wants me anytime for the next, oh, few centuries, I'll be stuck on the couch, still knipping (as the Tyger calls it) away from this book. Wonder if I'll love it as much when I'm finished with all the requests?

UPDATE! Just checked out the Social Book Club site, and they still have copies of the book, just in case anybody wants to check it out.

4 comments:

  1. You can't go past stripes! Great colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie Bliss baby knits are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, what a gorgeous book! Very very tempting too.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must start dusting off my wool and needles soon. Just wish the weather man would fix that temperature dial. Love the colours you've chosen - get Tyger to help with the requests!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.