Thursday, February 16, 2012

A geranium cardigan for a rainy day

The rain ferociously lashed at the windows as Tyger and Jorth huddled together on the couch. They both yelped in a bizarrely synchronised fashion each time the thunder boomed or the lightening lit up the sky.

"Are you scared, Tyge?" asked Jorth as a particularly impressive roar of thunder made their little home shake.

"Nah!", said the indefatigable Tyger. "Besides, I've got my new cardi to keep me toasty warm. I'm glad we got the photos done before the storm hit, though!"

"So am I!" said Jorth emphatically as the hail began to belt down. "So am I!"

Geranium Cardigan

Project Details
Pattern: Cardigan No: 051-T10-507 from Phildar Magazine No. 51 Pitchoun Printemps/Été 2011 (you can see an image of the pattern here)
Yarn: 5 balls of Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino in Geranium (50)
Needles: 2.5mm and 2.75mm

I quite enjoyed knitting this, but alas! It has turned out a bit bigger than I was hoping it would. This is partly because I made the size 8/10, as I thought the 6 would be tiny and the Tyger would get no wear out of it, but also because my yarn substitution wasn't quite spot on. The yarn called for in the pattern was Phil Coton 3, but I don't like working with cotton - it makes my wrists ache something shocking, and I hate how much a finished garment can stretch out afterwards. I didn't find another 3ply yarn that floated my boat, so I went with the Baby Cashmerino knowing full well that it wasn't an exact match. Oh well, lesson learnt.

The Tyger, however, is mucho pleased with it, and I must say it does go well with her new dress (which needs an iron badly - how embarassing!)

Besides, it's always nice to knock a project on the head. Onwards and upwards!

6 comments:

  1. She looks so pretty in her new cardi and dress. Love them both - of course, Tyger is gorgeous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely - I really like the pattern on the front. Tyger's new dress matches our weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks like a doll in her sweater and dress. You're an awesome mommy for making these things for her. If I had children, I'd drape them in clothes I made for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Better to be too big than too small, she's going to get lots of use out of this lovely little cardi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think it looks too big at all. At least by the time she's 10 it'll fit her like it does in the pattern photo ;)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.