Monday, February 20, 2012

Feeble

Couch

Jorth sat in front of the doctor, feeling rather miserable with a fever and an aching throat. The doctor looked at her sternly, and said "So, to recap, over the last few days you have done the following: shot a photo shoot for a small label in the rain, went to a friend's birthday party, rode all over the city doing errands, hit up the Roxette concert, went to a relative's 70th birthday celebration, wrote an article, baked a cake, made 18 pom poms and cut out 10 dolls for the school fete. Have I missed out on anything?"

"Whew!", said Jorth. "I feel tired just thinking about it!"

"Well, young lady, I'm prescribing lots of orange juice, some knitting on the couch and pulling out a pre-cooked dinner from the freezer. We need you in tip top shape so you can be creating crafty goodness again."

Jorth took the prescription, which had written upon it in block letters STAY ON THE COUCH AND REST UP, and agreed to take her medicine.

6 comments:

  1. Take those doctors order young lady and have a rest. I'm tired reading about your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wise doctor!

    Get well soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a very sensible prescription. Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your Doctor !!! Very sensible and hope you feel better soon . I do so love reading your Blog .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fell better soon - I love your stories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you're feeling better. Rest up!!!! Lots of 'take care of me' time.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.