Friday, February 17, 2012

Creamy Zucchini and Paneer curry

Creamy Zucchini and Paneer Curry

I must say, it was so lovely to watch the rain come down yesterday after the previous heat we'd had. I'm not any good at summer - anything higher than 28C leaves me scuttling for the safety of indoors before I start to wilt.

But food heat? Baby, I'm good at that! Not that this curry is particularly hot, but it's a rare dish I cook that doesn't have a charge of spice in it somewhere. Even my avocado on toast has to come with a healthy dose of cracked pepper on top!

Anyway, enough blithering about toast - here's the recipe for this easy curry. It's even better the next day, although not that I'd know for sure today, because when I went to grab some from the fridge for lunch I discovered that Galumph had taken it all to work with him. YOU'RE IN BIG TROUBLE MISTER! Nobody denies me my lunchtime curry and gets away with it!

Creamy Zucchini and Paneer Curry

2 tbs olive oil
1 large brown onion, roughly diced
3 tbs red curry paste
1 zucchini, roughly diced
800g can crushed tomatoes
400g can chickpeas
3 tbs cream
200g paneer cheese, cubed

1 - Heat 1 tbs of oil in a large pan. Saute the onion until golden, then add the curry paste. Cook until fragrant, then add the zucchini and stir until coated.

2 - Add the tomatoes, chickpeas and 1/2 cup water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 minutes or until the zucchini is tender and the sauce nice and thick.

3 - Meanwhile, in a small frypan, heat the rest of the oil and cook the paneer in batches until all sides are golden. Add to the curry along with the cream, and serve.

Serve with steamed rice, good wholemeal bread or naan. Serves 4.

2 comments:

  1. My limit these days is 25c, anything over that and I try to avoid the stove! Thankfully the barbecue has a lovely wok burner - I'll have to try this recipe on that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where oh where oh where can I get paneer cheese???

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.