Hello, folks! I hope you all had a spiffy break over the Christmas period. I certainly did, and am facing the new year with a fistful of brand new resolutions, all of which I am most eager to keep. I'm already up to day 9, and it's been fairly smooth sailing so far, so let's hope that's a good omen, and that I can keep up the good work.
This year I want to reduce, reuse, recycle. In many, many ways:
- the amount of waste I create
- the food packaging I buy. This year is all about nude food!
- reduce the negative voices in my head. I want to turn reduce into induce, and go out there and do it!
- reduce the things I buy, and instead make use of what I have
- reduce the amount on our mortgage by always paying off as much extra as we can
- glass milk bottles, and get on my bike to get my milk bottles refilled, instead of taking the easy way out and getting milk in plastic at the supermarket
- hit up the library for books, instead of sneaking onto cheap book websites
- reuse all those vintage sewing patterns I have. It's time to make some of them up!
- anything that we don't use that is cluttering up the house. He who travels lightest travels fastest.
- the small, kind deeds others do for me, and do them to others in return.
I also want to write more, knit more, cook more for friends, stop being so hard on myself, and laugh more. Whoa! That's quite a list!
I also want to rejuvenate this wee little blog a bit. I think it's in need of a makeover. I'd like to make it cleaner, and easier for readers to find things. Any suggestions are most welcome indeed!
Update: Milk in reusable bottles are available from places that stock Elgaar Farm products (list of stockists in Victoria or Tasmania can be found on their website) or from La Latteria. Yay for reusable containers!
>> Monday, January 09, 2012 – It's a good life