The sewing pledge

Thread

I, Jorth, do hereby solemnly swear on the sacred trinity of needle, thread and fabric, that I shall block out a nice big chunk of time to do some sewing today. I shall rush about at breakneck speed like a mad woman this morning, doing my errands, and then shall come home and sew like I've never sewn before.

I won't even stop, whilst out and about, to do The Age quiz with Max, the cantankerous book shop owner, despite it being our regular ritual. And let me tell you, I love beating him in the quiz, but such is my commitment to sewing that I shall make the sacrifice, even though it pains me.
It really is a pity about the quiz, as I can feel in my boots that it is my lucky day, but goshdarnit, the projects and stash are out of control. Sewing must, and will, be done!

dixiebelle  – (11:02 am)  

I make this promise to myself all the time... still, something else always seems to get in the road!

Gail  – (11:18 am)  

Remember the story of the tortoise and the hare. slowly slowly wins the race. I sew for at least 30 minutes at least 5 days a week. Most of the time I do 40 minutes to an hour. At that rate I get one or two garments a week made. That's 52 in a year. (PS sorry to be a smartarse!)

Fer  – (12:14 pm)  

Yep, sewing should win out every time!

Liesl  – (2:07 pm)  

May the sewing gods smile on you today ...

marysews  – (10:16 am)  

Oh, look! The GOOD thread!

Nancy W.  – (1:38 pm)  

Yes! I'm on vacation right now, but as soon as I get home I am very determined to get some sewing done EVERY day!

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! Make my day!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009