Jorth sat back in her chair and took the chewed up greylead pencil out of her mouth with a sigh. In front of her lay a sheet of paper headed Reasons For And Against Making Another Vogue 8511.
In the For column she had written the following:
- It's the perfect dress for work! Comfy to wear, yet so smart looking. A guaranteed compliment getter!
- So easy to ride my bike in (see above)
- Easy to wash, easy to wear
- It was a remnant piece of the perfect length. That's got to be an 8511 omen!
- Perfect for autumn, winter and spring. Definitely will get loads of wear.
The Against column was looking a little more skimpy:
- If I make it too short then I might be
flashing some unwittingly exposing my underwear to poor motorists as I ride my bike.
- This will be my third... it's almost as bad as Vogue 8184. What will people think?
Jorth, brow furrowed and lips pursed, suddenly snatched up the paper and crumpled it, muttering to herself "Damn what people think! It's a great dress, and I'm going to make myself another!" With that she turned to the kitchen table, and with brow suddenly unfurrowing and a smile playing upon her lips, began to cut another one out.