Thursday, February 25, 2010

Dos du corsage (or: Jorth thinks she may be back on track)

I'm pretty excited about this new dress I'm making. Which, to be honest, is a relief, because it appeared that my sewing/crafting mojo had gone awol this week, and I wasn't quite sure it was ever going to come back.

Firstly there was the Joy cardigan disaster, resulting in a massive frog session. Then there was my vintage black top, which wasn't actually a disaster per se, but rather one of those project where you complete it, put it on and then think "Meh."

Don't get me wrong, it's finished and wearable. Just not by me. Not at all my style, and I'm really not quite sure what I was thinking. Please tell me others fall into this trap, too!

But the new dress - I can already tell it's going to be a winner. Big time, baby! Now I just have to make sure I don't rush it, and make stupid mistakes. Take it slowly, do it properly, Jorth.

And as for those 10 girls dresses you promised the school fete commitee? Worry about those next week!

2 comments:

  1. Looking good! I think we all have disaster moments....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noooo! Not the School Fete!

    I do the school fete craft stall.

    I love it, but ...... They do expect silk purses from sow's ears.

    Will keenly watch to see your dresses. Love a good school fete idea that doesn't involve coathangers covered in fluoro nylon lace.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.