One completed Brick



63 pattern repeats, 378 rows and 13,608 stitches later, and Brick is completed. Whew! I think the recipient will like it very much - he's been hinting for a hand knit scarf for years, so this should suit very well. And I'm well pleased because my yarn stash is now officially 5 balls lighter!
I'll try and get some pics of the birthday boy wearing his scarf in the next couple of weeks. I dare say he'll look rather fetching!

Project specs

Garment Type: Scarf
Yarn: Jo Sharp DK Pure Wool in Brick, using 5 balls
Needles: 4.5mm
Pattern: One of my own devising, using a stitch pattern found in 400 Knitting Stitches, published by Murdoch Books

Liesl (Hoppo Bumpo)  – (4:01 pm)  

Its just beautiful. Love both the pattern and the colour. (But now feeling most inadequate with a measley 20 rows of first knitting project sitting on needles!)

Suse  – (10:58 am)  

I love the colour and the pattern!

Stephanie  – (11:24 pm)  

It's beautiful! There is no way the recipient will not love it!

nic  – (8:24 am)  

woly moley, just looking at that makes me feel like i need to lie down for a nap. it is absolutely gorgey...i'm quite certain the recipient will look incredible (and should feel very loved).

Stacey  – (1:05 pm)  

Lovely scarf! I have that 400 stitches book and it is most excellent.
The lucky owner is bound to be very pleased.

Audreyjay  – (2:23 pm)  

Lovely scarf!!

just in case you need more wool for your stash; did you know they've opened a knitting store at 234 Collins st. It's HUGE and they have a massive sale on at the moment ;)

herhimnbryn  – (10:03 am)  

Colour and pattern rather lovely.

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! Make my day!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009