Thursday, May 31, 2007

Marilla said I had to!


I had the strangest dream last night. In it, Marilla Cuthbert (the lady who takes in the orphan Anne Shirley in the Anne series) gave me a special camera. That in itself is weird enough, because 1 - Marilla is a fictional character, and last time I checked most fictional characters didn't pop out of their books to hand out cameras to readers; and 2 - Marilla lived in a time waaaaaaaaay before digital cameras.

Anyhoo, Marilla hands me this camera, and says in her scratchy old voice that it's a gift from Anne, and it'll make me take awesome pictures. And it does - it's got a special filter function on it, so that if I wanted to take a photo of clouds and make them appear really impressive, then it would. How snazzy is that? So then I woke up, and realised that the camera in my dream is the camera I own in real life, and I think my subconscious is telling me that I should really get off my behind and learn to use it properly. Strange to think that my subconscious pretends to be Marilla Cuthbert, though. Hmmm.

On a completely unrelated note, how cold is it today? Brrrrr! It feels like there is snow in the air. I am totally going to make a chocolate pudding for dessert tonight, then scarf it down with lashings of cream. Yum!

4 comments:

  1. Your subconscious sure works in mysterious ways!

    And yes, BRRRRR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm that is a very strange dream! Orphan annie didnt pop up and say hello??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:34 am

    How did I not find your blog before today! It is making me laugh so hard! I totally get you on the Marilla Cuthbert thing -- of course, I am waaaaay into Anne -- and my family is in the midst of de-plastification, as well! Excellent!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.