You would also think that even if I did only cut one, I would look at the amount of fabric in the ruffles which were to be sewn onto the dress, and think "Hmmm, that sure doesn't look right!" and then do something about it.
And you would think that the something I would do about it would not consist of throwing my hands in the air and saying "What the heck, I'm sure it will fit!"
Alas, you would be wrong. But at least you're not incredibly STUPID like me, who had spent the better part of a few days sewing what eventually amounted to a sack. True, it was a sack in gorgeous fabric, with ruffles to boot, but a sack, nonetheless. The shame, the shame! However, the trusty ol' quick-un-pick came to the rescue, and I had fabric to spare, so Grumbles is now resplendant in a very airy summery frock. And I have learnt to always double check the cutting instructions. Till next time, at least.
Pattern: Underdress pattern from Ottobre magazine, 1/2005
Fabric: Lightweight cotton (Um, don't remember it's name, but it came from Patchwork on Central Park!)
PS The uniquely positioned headband was her idea, I swear.