Tuesday, December 19, 2006

A bag for the bag


I think I am in dire need of a new bag. My current one has a hole so big in it that it looks like a big gaping mouth. “Hello”, it seems to be saying. “Remember me? I’m your bag! Let’s go to the pub – it’s been a while since I came home stinking of ciggies and spilt beer.”

As you can see, my bag also is a smart arse with an attitude problem. Actually, no, it's been a good and faithful companion. Really, it has barely complained at all about all the stuff it has been made to lug around, including dirty bibs, notebooks, address books, far too many receipts, stale old jellybeans that so far I have been too lazy to take out even though they are rolling around the bottom, bottles of formula and the odd nappy (unused). And that hole is just the beginning. The cotton is so thin and distressed that another week and there will be six more holes like it. I'm not sure if I'll be able to stand the slander from all those mouths (Why didn't you take better care of us? Hey fellas, I guess an old bag like us is only fit for an old bag like her! Bwahahahahahahahah!)

So, peoples of the internet: Any bag suggestions?

5 comments:

  1. I like the 'Messenger Bag' over at Kiddley/Loobyloo .. but that's more practival than girly like this one.

    I reckon you're just hoping someone crafty will read this and bequest/make you one as a gift ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, I didn't even think of that! Immediate disclaimer: I do not wish for any offers of crafty bags to be made on my behalf. I merely desire recommendations! (Although nothing too expensive - it's budget city over here!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make a big, huge Amy Butler thing. I can see you in THAT dress (you know the one) and one of THOSE bags.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:59 am

    I recently made the green leather monster, but I wouldn't wish that on anyone. It was a multi swearing, needlebreaking type of experience.

    If you're in the market to buy handmade, may I suggest the Rose Street market in Fitzroy on Sat (?). Or Olive Grove in Sydney Road Brunswick (my sister works there so I'm biased, but it's good).

    Or you could do what I did, pre the green monster, and buy something very cheap and tacky from Kmart or budget outlet of choice, constantly meaning to replace it. Then realise 2 years later..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get all my bags at the resale shops. Would a nice patch on your old bag be worthwhile? Maybe it could grow more holes and more patches, and get really interesting, and be 30 years old some day.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.