Small pleasures from this weekend included:
- Grumbles saying 'hat' and 'flower' for the very first time
- The baking of some stupendously good chocolate cup cakes (with 300g melted chocolate in them, they had to be good!) topped with orange juice icing
- Swimming with our dear friend K, and enjoying a coffee at a cafe afterwards
- Riding around Melbourne in the sunshine on a Rail Trail, with pho in Victoria St for lunch
- Spending more of that lovely sunshiney day at an East Melbourne park, where Grumbles indulged her love of the swings (see pic)
- The purchasing of quinces - the season has begun!
Not so good thing:
- Turning up at a bbq held at our French teacher's house the day after it happened, happily scoffing some cake and tea, and then waltzing out the door without realising anything was even remotely amiss (although I did think it slightly odd that a student we vaguely know turned up for a lesson during our time there). D'oh!