Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Tagged!

I've been tagged by the lovely Chest of Drawers - how exciting! Well, here goes:

What were three things when you were little you wanted to be when you grew up?
A librarian
A scientist
An old-style movie star, like Rosemary Clooney (the last one a result of watching White Christmas too many times)

You can live one day over again from your childhood. What day will it be?
The Christmas day (I think I was seven) that Dad announced, after all other presents had been opened, that the reindeers had left something outside for us. My sister Anya and I trooped outside, desperately looking, but could find nothing but some very long oblong cardboard boxes, which we presumed to be for the farm. After three scout arounds, Dad finally told us that the boxes contained a trampoline! All five of us children waited eagerly for it to be assembled (I think poor Mum was stuck inside making Christmas lunch) and then all of us, sans Mum who took the photos, spend a wonderful time bouncing on it. It's a wonder it didn't break there and then. Ahhh, the memories!

You have two minutes (and a mover with you if you need heavy lifting help!) to grab 5 things from your home before it morphs into a polka dotted hobgblin and hops away. What will you take? (Food/drink/family/friends excluded!)
The bookshelves containing all my treasured books (including the Phildar magazines!)
My antique jewellery
Grumble's favourite toys, because I simply can't bear to part with them
The computer, as it has all our photos on it
My clothes, because a lot are very individual pieces which just couldn't be replaced

You have to paint one quote on your kitchen wall. What's it going to be?
I'd cheat, and paint the entire text of The English Patient, but in tiny writing a la the Glass brothers Buddy and Seymour do in Franny and Zooey.

What is one thing you want to have accomplished by the end of this year?
To get rid of my 'mummy tummy', aka known as the hysterectomy/mummy tummy. Sigh.

You are moving to the moon for one year and can only bring one flower with you. What kind will you bring?
Jasmine, because it would remind me of so many wonderful times spent.

You just received word that aside from one flower, you can also bring five books with you too! Your choices?
The English Patient by Michael Oondatje
The Nancy Mitford Omnibus
A blank notebook, so I can write my own bestseller
A dictionary, so I can fill my bestseller with large, impressive sounding words
Vogue Knitting, so I could spend the year learning all the tricky bits I've never gotten around to yet (fairaisle, anyone?)

I'm filling in my evening knitting time with Ruffles again. Slowly but surely!

1 comment:

  1. I think I´ll have to read "The English Patient". I have been looking around your blog and I love the way that jumper turned out (black with the lovely coloured stripes). I think I will get my knitting needles out of retirement...where on earth could they be....????

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.