Friday, January 06, 2006

2006, here I come!

Hello! I'm back! Our time away was amazing - it was so relaxing and invigorating to be down at the coast. Apart from a daily walk along the beach, with a few swims thrown in on the warmer days, we did nothing but blob. And when I say blob, I mean blob! In fact, I became a blob - I put on a kilo in a week (for this skinnyminny, that's rather impressive). Note to self: wine and a box of Shapes every evening do not do wonders for the figure.

Normally I'm not one for making new years resolutions, but apparently Saturn is finally leaving my chart, and there are big things ahead for me in 2006, but only if I make decisions and stick to them (or some such bumf), so here goes:

1 - Knit 10 rows every day. No matter what the project. Just sit down and do it. That way I hopefully won't have any projects lurking around, and will be able to meet my target of...

2 - Finishing a knitted garment for every month of the year. If I can manage that, I'll be sweaterlicious!

3 - Do yoga. I've been saying for years that I want to learn, so it's about time I did.

4 - Push myself out of my comfort zone, and have a big adventure. I don't quite know what the adventure will be, but I want to be challenged.

5 - Be more self-sufficient and evironmentally aware. We're pretty green down here at chez Jorth, but there's always room for improvement.

Rightyoh. I think five is quite enough. I hope all in blogland had a wonderful festive season, and that much joy comes to you all in the new year. In fact, as much joy as a local fire brigade and Santa combo delivering lollies on Christmas Eve can bring! Ho, ho, ho!

2 comments:

  1. Sadly, I was much excited by the arrival of Santa in the truck. The Galumph took a fab photo of me daftly grinning as I ran towards the truck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've missed you! I'm glad to see you're back. Back and AMBITIOUS!! I could learn something from you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.